Ring in the new year with new home decor following the trends you’re sure to see a lot of! Get ahead of the crowd by being the first to decorate and setting the pattern for your neighbors and friends to follow. We know you all still remember those trends we wished wed hadn’t followed, so lets avoid those tacky mistakes this year. In order to help you out, we’ve done our research and gathered our favorite fashionable trends that you’re sure to see all over the place in the next year.
- Colors: Starting with the basics, everyone needs a good color palette to work off of! For the next year we think you’ll start to see a lot of the gemstone colors like emerald, ruby, amethyst, and sapphire. Not only will these royal shades be included in high fashion interior design, but deep cream and coral. Choosing a few of these bold colors and combining them with soft tones of ivory, brown, and warmer tones will create a perfectly customizable elegant look that’ll stay in style for years.
- Textures: We started to see textures emerge in trends this fall/winter, but keep an eye out as they peak in style through 2012. Combining and layering these different textures give a unique look each time that catches the eye. Try mixing wool with silk, or leather with lace for an original look!
- Mirroring: Mirroring is the technique of using reflective surfaces in a room to bounce light from wall to wall creating the look of a bigger, more awake area. You’ll see this popping up more and more in home decor allowing people make a small space seem much larger! We love the looks of mirrors and glass in home decor either way, sophisticated and can be matched to absolutely any scheme.
- Cutouts: Lamps, doors, and shades with perforated patterns on them give such a creative look to the room that it’s no wonder they’re trending right now! Look around for cutout style decor to give you house the same flair.
- Pleating: For all your loose drapery, pleating is a great way to spice up the look. Instead of the softer flowing look, this will give an edgier vibe to the room by bringing in more dynamic shapes. Try it out this year!
- Map Prints: Although these bold designs may seem a little out there for your style at first, they’ll grow on you! We’ve seen this trend escalate over the past few months, and it’s bound to continue through the next year! Using architectural and map prints around the home on walls and accessories is a big hit with the interior design crowd.
Pick a few of these trendy ideas to play with in your house and mix them with your own style to create decor perfect for you!