Just because the weather is freezing cold, and the sun seems so far away, doesn’t mean you’re furniture isn’t getting damaged from it! What a lot of wood furniture-owners don’t realize is that a lot of the wear and tear of their wood furniture comes from direct sunlight. When you invest on furniture you expect to last generations, this is the last thing we want to happen! Keep reading for a few of our tips on keeping your furniture healthy and sun damage-free.
- First and foremost, protect your furniture simply by keeping it out of direct sunlight. Over time this will give it a weathered, faded look, and unless you’re going for this, it’s not good! Just avoiding the sun all together is the easiest way to prevent this.
- Another easy tip for lessening the sun’s damage, find a high quality table pad to cover any expensive finishes when not in use. Although this might not look as great as the wood, it’ll save a lot of time and money in the future!
- Investing in wood furniture will pay off when it comes to the sun. Cheaper “disposable furniture” will be unable to hold up against direct light, so be sure too look for high quality furniture!
- Be sure to clean and wax your wood furniture regularly. For good DIY recipes for wood care, click here
- If preventing sun damage in your home is really important, look into getting window treatments to block UV light from entering
We hope these few tips help you keep your wood looking new and fabulous!