Don’t we all love walking in a nice clean clutter-free home? In a perfect world, anyway. Somehow this is a hard thing to imagine when we walk in tripping over old tennis shoes, cat toys, and even kid toys… With these tricks we’ll give you a easy-to-remember place for hiding those odds and ends!
Here are 5 fool proof tips that will give you space to clear your clutter and start with a fresh, organized home!
- Pull-out drawers and Lazy Susans are a great way to make sure you utilize every inch of your drawers. If your furniture allows you to reach the very back corner, you won’t have to rummage through it all the time!
- Surround windows and bright glass doors with a set of sturdy bookcases or built in shelving to create room for odds and ends that can be displayed to guests! The placement will allow full access to the furniture and shelving without taking up extra room.
- Install shelving in clothing closet to allow storage for unseasonal clothes. This is a great way to save hanger space for things that you’ll wear daily.
- Choose furniture that is multi functional. Using things like ottomans and convertible futons will be extra functional and save you space when you don’t need them!
- Use bins to separate things in open shelving. Metal bins give a great contemporary edge while woven bins look very natural.