We’ve all made the mistake of using too much color or pattern on a wall and just thought, yikes. Without a complicated wall mural or an overdose of wallpaper, people give up on the creativity of their walls. It doesn’t always have to be too busy or too boring! Try a few of our ideas to give your wall a brighter eye-catching appearance without over doing it!
- Color blocking is a great trend for fashion this year, and homes too! Use this trend on your wall by creating stripes with painters tape. A thick stripe chest-level on the wall is a unique touch– offset the larger stripe with 2 smaller white ones.
- Stencil in an inspirational quote that’ll engage you, and your visitors! Pick a unique font that fits the style of the room but will add another perspective to the room. This is great for children’s bedrooms too!
- Frame black and white pictures. Use your own memories and blow them up in a variety of sizes with the black and white effect for a sophisticated twist. Framing and matting them will look amazing on any wall and make it seem professionally done!
- Chalkboards, bulletin boards, and ribbon boards add life to the wall without causing too much hassle! They’re fun to keep around and are easily removed and swapped out for season!
- We’ve given you this tip in a few different articles now, but lining the back of shelves with wallpaper or a color deeper than the walls gives a great effect! Try it out in your home to add depth or to inspire your guests.
- Add texture to walls by adding different types of paneling! Across the horizontal of the wall is our favorite stylish way to contrast with the flatness.