Ugly unfinished basements are common, even when homeowners need more room in their home, so for those of you with tons of wasted space, here are a few remodeling ideas to turn that untouched area into a space-efficient bonus room…
- Twin bunk beds are perfect for the basement bedroom. Add some color by surrounding them with bright curtains and area rugs.
- If your basement ceiling is exposed and you want to save some money, don’t drywall. Instead coat the ceiling (fixtures, pipes, and all) with some neutral paint like grey or a pastel color. This will make it easier to repair electrical and plumbing fixtures when necessary too.
- Add a bar if plumbing runs to the basement. This will create the perfect atmosphere for company, and you can even splurge on a beverage refrigerator.
- A laundry room is always nice in the basement if you have the plumbing and room to spare. It’ll save a room upstairs to use for something else.
- Install storage units in the basement to keep things clean and organized. Since the basement is out of site of the main house, it’s a good place to keep those stacked boxes.
- Add accents to the room so it creates a more finished feel. Lamps, lights, pillows and art are all a great way to do this with a budget.
We hope these ideas turn your basement from drab to fab! Share your basement transformation with us on our Facebook page!