We're just a few days away from the Super Bowl XLVIII, and things here in the Seattle area are getting wild–12th Man flags waving high, jerseys ready for the big day, and nobody's changed clothes since the playoffs (good luck, of course). But beyond all that, we want to make sure you enjoy your Super Bowl party loud and proud, and not have to worry about all the post-game aftermath, eeeeeven if you're rooting for the Broncos ;). Keeping it low-key is hard to do, especially if you're worried about ruining the furniture, or keeping the pantry stocked with food. For our quick and easy tips to make sure your guests have the party of their life, you can plan this last minute party easily.
- Plan on plenty of beverages to go around, including the football fan favorites! This is one thing you won't want to run short of mid-party. After all those salty chips and beer commercials, running short on your own drinks is sure to dampen the mood.
- For all of you artsy girls out there just itching to decorate for every event you can think of, think team colors. For a football party, simple is better. As much as we'd love to give elaborate decorating instructions like usual, this is an occasion to sit back and enjoy the game! Your guests won't be too occupied by your decor, so don't worry about it! Break out the navy blues, eye-popping greens, and electric oranges!
- For your guest's guests, or the group that comes to socialize instead of watching the game, prepare a separate room with a smaller TV and snacks if possible. This is a great way to give everyone the opportunity to enjoy their stay!
- Plan simple, portable foods, and leave a buffet table out for your guests to grab-and-go as they please! No one wants to be at a seated table with the game going on in a different room. Give your guests space to get involved in the game and enjoy tasty food at the same time!
- Be ready for a mess. Of course this party is bound to get messy, so keep your cleaning supplies stocked along with napkins and paper towels! There's no such thing as too much in this case, it'll all get used at some point or another!
We hope these tips help you out with your crazy Super Bowl party, have a blast! Go Hawks!