Some of us have mastered the art of house cleaning– every month, on the dot, thorough wipe-down of the entire house. Others of us…haven’t. Monthly cleaning is hard to keep track of, not frequent enough to become a habit but not uncommon enough to get away with easily. Not to worry! If you keep a running list of things you need to do once a month, you’ll be much better off! Here’s what we keep on our monthly to-clean list, and our “green” suggestions!
- Stove: For all you at home chefs that need a fresh and clean surface to start stewing up masterpieces on, make your own stove cleaner with this recipe we found!
- Windows: We guarantee your windows are full of sticky fingerprints and dirt after a month, so try out our glass cleaner recipe to create a chemical-free product that’s perfect for windows!
- Mirrors: After a month of using mirrors regardless of whether you touch them or not, it’s time for a thorough wipe down! Ou DIY glass cleaner works just as well on mirrors!
- Kitchen Trash: Although we take out the trash all the time, sometimes we forget to clean the container… Do it once a month to keep the smell minimal and using a multipurpose cleaner like this one, and de-stinkify the kitchen with our DIY air fresheners!
- Refrigerator: It doesn’t take long to do a quick cleaning in the fridge, but it sure does help! Just add a little baking soda to warm water and wipe the compartments of your drip pan. Using a mild detergent will help too! While your at it, clean out expired food or anything you won’t get around to eating that just takes up room.
- Blinds: Run a dusting cloth through the slots of your blinds once a month to get rid of dust and pet dander that causes allergies!
- Curtains: Use a handheld vacuum and a soft brush attachment to clean out your curtains monthly, just make sure it’s set on low suction!
- Phones: Something people forget to do all the time, wipe down your phones! They carry a ton of germs that are bound to cause a family virus eventually!
- Doorknobs: Along the same lines as cleaning your telephone, just run disinfectant wipes over your doorknobs once a month to get rid of the yucky bacteria that your kids have been bringing home from school everyday!