Boring window shades are an easy way to make any room more drab. We hate that oh-so-cliched white window look… Switch up the usual by adding a bright effect to your windows! Love a certain pattern of wallpaper but don’t love the idea in plastering a room with the bold material? We’ve all been there, done that. Wallpaper’s a tricky thing to use, somethings it looks classy and elegant while others it can be a little much. Here’s a quick and easy way to implement your favorite wallpaper in the room without going overboard with tacky patterns! Use it in any room in the house to give an unexpected twist.
- Favorite wallpaper
- Roller shade
- Metal ruler
- Wallpaper adhesive
- Wallpaper brush
- Craft knife
- Rolling pin
- Lining paper (optional)
- Protectant (matte finish) (optional)
- Find a wallpaper that fits your room’s decor. The closer the thickness is to the shade’s thickness, the better.
- Measure the wallpaper to fit the shade and cut it. Be sure to leave a little extra so it can be wrapped around the top roller and the bottom edge.
- Follow the wallpaper’s guide adhering it (each brand is different and will require a specific adhesive, ask specialist for help if needed). Do this on a flat surface, smoothing out any air bubbles carefully with a rolling pin. With thinner wallpaper, first back them with uncoated lining paper.
- (optional) After the adhesive is dry, finish with a matte protectant to keep the shade in good condition.
- Install and enjoy!