We’ve all seen those interesting lamp shades that seem to be a basic white while off, and a eye-catching silhouette while on. These tricky lamps can easily be found in lighting stores, but why buy one when you can make your own? Maybe you’ll even find a lamp lying around the house that you want to recycle, and what could be better than that?! Here’s how to create your own custom lamp shade with just a few steps!
- Simple lamp with white shade (the more curves in the lamp, the harder to create a design that fits)
- Black cardboard paper
- Basic spray glue
- Scissors (or Cricut)
- Design pattern (optional)
- Pick out the design you want to show (cityscape, butterflies, flowers, grass, etc.)
- Cut out your design on black cardboard paper (using a Cricut or other craft machine is optional)
- Make sure each piece of the design isn’t so wide it creates folds around the edges of the lamp
- Use simple spray glue to adhere your design to the inside of the lamp shade
- Let shade dry, and enjoy your custom silhouette lamp!