With Fall-time comes some adorable new DIYs, so of course we're excited to share them with you! Last year we covered a few of our favorites, so here's another one we thought was a great way to spice up any boring room around this season. We love the idea of pumpkin and squash decor, but not the mess, and smells, and strict time frame. In order to incorporate that same look with an artsy touch, check out these Burlap Pumpkins! There are just a few simple steps to achieve this cutesy Halloween look, so keep on reading to find out!
Source: A Diamond in the Stuff
What you'll need:
- Burlap (multiple colors or spray paint)
- Large Needles
- Pumpkin Stems
- Hot Glue
How to do it:
- Cut free-handed circles of various sizes out of burlap– the circles don't need to be perfect, and the size will vary depending on your desired look
- Run a twine stitch on the perimeter of each circle
- Fill the pumpkin with stuffing, but don't overstuff it so the pumpkin maintains a slouched look
- Pull the twine tightly from both sides to cinch the opening
- Add a couple stitches at the top of the pumpkin to seal the opening
- Hot glue real pumpkin stems to the cinched opening of your burlap pumpkin
- Enjoy your new fall decor!