When a room is cramped you learn to save space wherever you can — in the kitchen, in the bedroom, and yes, even in the bathroom! After all, an extra foot can stretch to a mile if you use your space wisely. Here are a few solutions we’ve picked up along the way that will help add extra storage to a room we don’t usually think about, your bathroom, to make it a little more useful and efficient.
- Many bathrooms done have wall space large enough to hang towels, so utilizing the space on the back of the door is a great way to make room! Just hang a few towel bars and your good to go without wasting any space at all! If you have a bathroom closet door, you’re in luck — even more room!
- Installing a toiletry shelf above the doorway is another way to utilize space you wouldn’t of otherwise found useful. This is the perfect place for backup toilet paper, towels, and shampoo!
- Mounted shelves are perfect for bathrooms with lots of open wall space. They aren’t too hard to find or install, but they work for storing just about anything.
- Organize your medicine cabinet by mounting a magnetic board (or magnetic paint) along the inside and using magnetized organizers (like the ones made for lockers)! This trick will help you fit in all those extras you couldn’t squeeze in before.
- Learn storage tricks from hotels and find vertical organizers for your walls that allow you to stack towels and such instead of using extra room placing them side by side.
- If you run to the dollar store and get uniform plastic bottles to put your shampoo, conditioner, and body products in, it’ll tidy things up just a bit! Not only does it look cleaner and more organized, but everything will fit a little bit better and you’ll be able to refill the containers.
- Clean up your cabinets by adding hooks to the inside of the doors and adding wire organizers. If you’re willing to shell out a few more bucks, you could also consider installing roll-out shelves as another great way to make some space and maximize the efficiency of your cabinets